Welcome to our Special Educational Needs (SEN) Information Report which is part of Durham County Council’s Local Offer for children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
Our SEN Information Report will provide details about how we implement our policy and practice to deliver high quality SEN provision for children and young people with SEN.
A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made that is additional to or different from that made generally for other children or young people of the same age. (CoP 2015, p16)
Broad areas of need
At Aclet Close Nursery School, we have experience of supporting children with a wide range of needs. We currently have children with a variety of needs in school including:
Communication and interaction
- Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN)
Cognition and learning
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Social, Emotional Difficulties
- Mental Health Difficulties
Sensory and/or Physical Difficulties
- Gross Motor and Fine Motor Difficulties
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.
This SEND Information Report should be read alongside the school’s SEND Policy, the Equalities Information and Objectives and the Accessibility Plan.
- Mr Lisa Jenkins is the Head Teacher and can be contacted on 01388 603006 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Suzanne Staines is the Deputy Head Teacher and the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO). She can be contacted on 01388 603006 or by emailing email@example.com
- Miss Tamsin Ellis is the Special Educational Needs Governor and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your child’s SEN in more detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
The full range of local support available for children/ young people with SEND and their families within and outside of school can be found in the County Durham Local Offer