Aclet Close Nursery School prides itself in being very inclusive and endeavours to support every child, regardless of their level of need. All pupils follow the EYFS curriculum at a level and pace that is appropriate to their stage of ability. At times, when it is appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented.
To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum, there are some actions we may take to achieve this:
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities
- Help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have
- Ensure that staff are aware of and are sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is most appropriate to their needs
- Work in partnership with parents/carers, pupils and relevant external agencies in order to provide for children’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need special consideration to support their needs (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional)
- Make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities in order to promote the highest levels of achievement
- Promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independence at all age and ability levels
- Regularly review the policy and practice in order to achieve best practice
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.